Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zucchini Hummus

What better way to start out our week than with a little bit of our favorite summer veggie!  Zucchini!

I'd seen a recipe not long ago for raw zucchini hummus and thought this would be a great way to use up some of our extra zukes!  The recipe is so simple, but it does use a food processor (or would probably work in a vitamix or blendtec in a pinch).


Here's what I used:

Zucchini (1 regular size, or 1/3 giant size) - grown in our garden
2 T tahini - from a local small business
2 T lemon juice
1/2 t garlic - from a local small business
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t salt

Topping (optional)

10 pitted Kalamata olives - from a local small business
1 roasted red pepper - from a local small business
1 T olive oil - from a local small business


Here's what I did:


First, I peeled and seeded the zucchini.  Our zucchinis are so huge, that we have to remove the seeds, but for normal zucchini, this shouldn't be necessary.

 

 Now, just throw everything in the food processor, and process until smooth.  I scraped down the sides a few times throughout processing. 

 
To make the topping, I just rinsed out my food processor, put the remaining items in and pulsed a few times.  This turned out great!  A bit wetter than run of the mill hummus, but still great!  YUM!

*no the chips are not local

No comments:

Post a Comment