Saturday, September 15, 2012

Gazpacho

So in all honesty, I had never tried Gazpacho before, but we had so many cucumbers & tomatoes at home that it seemed like a really great idea!

This is another one that I threw in the food processor, but again, I'm sure it would work in a blender, if you have the right type.

Here's what I used:

Roma Tomatoes - seeded & diced  - grown in our garden
Roasted red pepper - from a local small business
Red onion - grown in our garden
Jalapeno  - grown in our garden
Cucumber  - grown in our garden
Basil 
Olive Oil - from a local small business
Oregano  - grown in our garden

Here's what I did:

First I chopped up all my veggies and threw them in the food processor.  I pulsed a few times to get them mixed together, then I threw in my oil and herbs.  I pulsed a few more times to mix and checked to make sure it was chunky, but not TOO chunky (know what I mean?)

Once I was happy with the consistency, I put it in the fridge for an hour or so before eating, and oh yum!  I am a Gazpacho believer!  I even got my 1 year old to eat some, and she kept coming back for more!  This will definitely make another appearance (or two) at our home!


No comments:

Post a Comment