Friday, September 14, 2012

Hubbard Squash Pie

I can't take credit for this one - my husband made this all on his own (Ok, I made the crust)!  So, I actually don't even know the recipe, but I can assure you, the squash is local, and boy was it huge.

This is basically just like a pumpkin pie, but made from a Hubbard instead.  Hubbards are just as big as pumpkins, and this one is now taking up a bunch of our freezer space.




While I don't know how to make the filling, I can update you on the yummy crust.  This pie has a graham cracker crust, made from all non-local ingredients. 

10 Graham crackers
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C melted butter

Crush up the graham crackers, mix in the sugar & butter, and press into a GREASED pie pan.  (I forgot to grease our pan, so now we have to chisel our pie out.)  Then bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.



Now, I'm sure there are plenty of recipes out there for pumpkin pie filling.  Just pick one and have at it.  I can assure you that ours is non-dairy (we used almond milk in ours). 

After serving to our official taster - the verdict is - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment