Monday, August 6, 2012

Zucchini Chips

What a great healthy snack - baked chips.  This recipe is super easy if you have a good way to uniformly and thinly slice your zucchini.  I used a mandolin, but I'm sure the slicing attachment to a food processor (or an extremely steady hand) would work just as well. 

After slicing up my zucchinis, my happy helper and I placed them on an oiled & foiled baking sheet.


I then sprayed the slices with some more cooking oil spray and sprinkled salt on top (not too much because these huge slices will really shrink!)


I made 2 trays of slices, so I decided to experiment a bit with one tray by adding a little bit of white balsamic.   I highly recommend this - just paint a little bit on each slice.  Super yum!


Now, set your oven to the lowest setting.  I started mine on warm, but after an hour or so I kicked it up a notch to 200.  This is a really slow process.  I probably kept mine in the oven for about 4 hours total.  


After they are done, you have some perfect zucchini chips.  Some of my thinner slices ended up with a hole in the middle where the seeds used to be, but that didn't affect the taste.  My 2 trays of slices ended up being about one serving of chips.  Like I said, they shrink way down.


This was really yummy, but is not a quick project!  I do recommend it for a lazy day snack!




No comments:

Post a Comment