Sunday, August 5, 2012

Zucchini and Squash Fajitas

Yum!  I love fajitas - and since we have "taco night" at least once a week in our house, this was a perfect addition to our weekly menu!

For this dish, I started with Green Peppers (also from our community garden) and an onion.  I would have preferred a red onion, but I just used what we had on-hand.


I started by slicing these up and softening them in a pan with some olive oil.


Next, I cut up about half a zucchini (probably equivalent to 2 regular zucchinis) and one yellow squash (again, probably about 2 normal sized squash).  I threw these in the pan with the onions and peppers.


I also found some mushrooms in our fridge - super bonus!  I sliced these up and threw them in with some minced garlic.  


Now, here is my super secret fajita seasoning. It really is super secret.  I don't even know the recipe because I make it up every time.  I usually use some combination of garlic powder, minced dried onion, cumin, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and coriander.  And of course salt and pepper.


After stirring in the fajita seasoning, it looked something like this and smelled AMAZING!  


Just wrap this up in a tortilla, and top with salsa and cheese for a delicious meal.  I got my daughter to eat some of this by simply turning hers into a quesadilla.  We will definitely be doing this meal again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment