Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Zucchini Pasta Primavera


This was our first dish made from our huge stash.  Now, believe it or not, even though my husband has a culinary arts degree, I do most of the cooking - including this dish.  Since I recently quit working to stay at home with our kids (and relocated from Florida to Utah) this is our compromise!




This was super easy and really delicious.  And with a minor adjustment, I even got the kids to eat some of it - especially my youngest.

Here's what I used:

1 Zucchini (extra extra large)
4 medium vine ripe tomatoes
1 lb box of spaghetti
1-2 Tbs Herbs de Provence
1-2 tsp Granulated Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Here's what I did:

Slice up the zucchini and tomatoes into large bite sized pieces.  Coat the veggies in the olive oil and sprinkle with the herbs and garlic (and salt & pepper if you so desire).  Spread the veggies on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, stirring/turning once.

While your veggies are cooking, cook up your spaghetti per the instructions on the box.

After the noodles and veggies are cooked, combine and top with a splash (or more) of the Balsamic.

The modification I made for my picky eater included using a hand blender to make her veggies into more of a sauce, and leaving out the balsamic.  My youngest loved it - she loves noodles of any kind.  My oldest ate a few bites before she declared she was done.  I'll take what I can get!

Both variations were delicious, and we even had some leftovers for later in the week.  Definitely on the list to make again.



No comments:

Post a Comment